Wednesday 4 December 2019

FEED BACK FROM GARRY WHARTON

Well my first visit to Pant-y-Bedw Fishery near Carmarthen today went well! Arrived at 8-30 to a warm welcome from owner Duncan Yearley who gave me a quick rundown of the fishery & it’s history. After checking the fishery rules, which aren’t too restricting, I tackled up a floating & slow glass set up. Duncan said that nymphs do well here & that proved to be the case early on. I’d say the main lake is about 6 to 7 acres & varying in depths to 4/5 metres. The banks are dry and very well maintained with approx 24 pegs spaced out around the lake. Apparently the lake was established about 30 odd years ago and as such there is many long established reed beds etc. The water is gin clear & offers good opportunities for stalking. There is a regular stocking policy as well as an established head of over wintered fish. I had set up a FAB on the point of my floater with a JC Diawl Bach on the first dropper & a red holo version on the second dropper. The water was mirror calm most of the morning & later proved quite testing. I took 3 on the JC & 1 on the FAB. As the sun climbed it went quiet so it was onto the glass with an orange snake taking a further 3 fish. There is a facility to make yourself a coffee but there is no catering at all so take some sarnies!! Got to be honest I was pleasantly surprised with the fishery & will definitely return. Thanks Duncan. 👍👍🎣🎣

No comments:

Post a Comment