Thursday 19 September 2019

A cracking day out for Arthur.

Disabled and keen angler, Arthur Bamford, spent this afternoon at Pant y Bedw fishery and landed 3 cracking hard fighting rainbows. 3.5lb, 3 lb and 2.5lb. Arthur used to be a very keen fly fisherman and spent many happy hours at all types of fishing including fly fishing and sea fishing but can longer participate as much as he would like due to his disability. I spent much of the afternoon chatting to him about his love of the outdoor life and his love of fishing and helping him when he needed help. He seemed so chuffed when he caught the biggest trout because I think his expectation of catching anything were low however he manged to net 2 more fish which will all end up in the pot. Arthur and his wife especially like their trout cooked in an Indian style. Arthur asked me to especially show a picture of his mobility scooter to demonstrate that people with disabilities like his can still go out and have a great days fishing. "Had a fabulous day at Pant y Bedw Thursday 19th Sept. Since my disability I have been unable to fish for Trout using worming
method once the Papermill fishery at Fforestfach banned worm fishing. We spent
the day at the Botanic gardens a while ago and wifey spotted the sign for this
fishery, boy am I glad she did, The set-up is amazing with the disabled fishing
spots easily accessible for Motability scooter, Power chair and I would say
even wheelchair. The setting is second to none and the fishing itself terrific
with cracking hard fighting fish and I managed to net Three beauties: 3lb.8oz
3lb.4oz and 2lb.8oz. I would like to thank Duncan for all his
help, advice and for even netting the biggest fish for me, but most of all
thanks to Duncan and wife for helping me get back to my feet after kneeling
down to pose for a Photo or Two, I was like an unbalanced Hippo. Happy days are
here again, BE BACK SOON, regards Arthur.
"




No comments:

Post a Comment